Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Warming up drills in Bydgoszcz Indoor track


I would like to share my training in my blog, explaining why and how i derived in the drills and training i do.


The clip above is an example of "step over" that I would name this drill. Some coaches would say its "knee lifts", but I'll go into details by using the term "step over". Its the most comprehensive way to create a cycling action when doing the drills, which is what we do when we run. By focus on our feet, bring your heel and smack fast to your butt and using this force created to accelerate our thighs forward, when doing this , our feet is already stepping over the knee of the other leg.

And the height of the knee is good enough for a strong claw on the track.

One important thing to take note, ankles has to be always dorsiflexed(pointing toes to the sky).
Enjoy the short clip.

0 comments: