Thursday, August 4, 2011

AIA Health and Wellness Week


I was honored to be invited to speak in the AIA Health and Wellness week. Under the A&H department, Marketing Manager Miss Amanda Pang, invited many speakers from the different areas of health and fitness industry to speak this week and I was asked to talk about the topic: Basic Understanding of Distance Running: Training and Preparation. In that 1 hour session, I covered topics like how to prepare for a marathon, what diet to focus on, and attire for distance running.

Miss Amanda Pang

I've been presenting about Speed Training so often and this is the first official Distance Running session I've done. It was quite a nice crowd with about 30-40 agents listening. I was trying to make the talk less scientific so that it can be easily absorbed. It seems like my presentation was quite well received. Coach Bahktier came and assisted me in the photo taking, and also gave some running tips to some of the participants.

At the end of the session, we had Q&A and had very interesting questions coming from the crowd. Mr Robert presented a token of appreciation for the effort taken to speak for the Health week. I was also invited to speak on the same topic, for the office at Tanjong Pagar the next day.

Mr Robert, MC for the day.

The awareness of living is not just about proper diet and nutrition. Exercising regularly also plays a huge part in this area. The ability to exercise at least 3 times a week, to work mainly aerobically has many benefits to the health and fitness of the body. It can increase the blood circulation in the body and improve the cardiovascular system, training for a stronger heart, just to name a few. Therefore I highly encourage everyone to workout and need not train competitively. Looking forward for a healthy society in Singapore!

0 comments: