Thursday, December 25, 2014

The Not So Merry Christmas....



I was supposed to be writing about top 5 heart healthy foods but I think the results of my self-experimentation are due. 

About a month and half ago I embarked on a journey to truly understand the habits of the general public because the struggles I hear from my clients about their nutritional habits and lifestyle are hard to balance that their results are hindered. As a personal trainer, it is my duty to keep them motivated and push them forward through to achieve results. But after a whole year of assessment I cannot truly understand them unless I put myself under the same lifestyle conditions.

Here are the parameters. 

1.      Eat hawker food for breakfast or skip breakfast entirely
2.      Have Hawker fare for lunch (chicken rice, fish soup, economic rice, noodles)
3.      Random breads whenever hungry from local bakeries
4.      Dinner will be bought from a hawker centre
5.      Exercise will be kept to 3 times a week or less

Now for the results

1.      Bodyfat percentage WAS 10.5%, now I am at 20.5%.
2.      My muscle mass dropped from 37% to 33.7%.
3.      Mental alertness and reaction is slightly slower and I lost 20% of my strength and performance in the gym and recovery from my workout used to take 1 to 2 days became 3 to 4 days.
4.      I lose my temper easily and not as motivated to go to the gym and prefer skipping sessions
5.      Immune system is poor and I fell sick 3 times throughout this 1.5 months compared to not falling sick at all. Each time my recovery became slower and slower and now I am actually having a pretty bad cough that has been around for 4 days.
16 Dec 2014


30 Oct 2014
























Dear folks, I hope you find the parameters and results familiar. If you have roughly the same patterns please do yourself a favor and make a change NOW. I have been on the healthier side of the fence with excellent strength, focus and positivity with a balanced diet and it translates to how I work and interact with people. 

Please plan ahead or contact us or any health care provider to make the change for a better you for 2015.

Written by: Ryan Lye

0 comments: